No Bake Mango Cheesecake

I used most of my free time I had to browse through recipes of cakes I am grateful for instagram and cool hipster people that are kind enough to share recipes online with pictures. Really. So my little insta-surfing brought me to Mango Cheesecake boom clap the sound of my heavy breathing ohmigoshh. It was super easy I immediately head off to the nearest supermarket to buy the ingredients. They are easily found trust me.


Honestly, I have never ever, ever used gelatine in my food before so say yayy to a new cool yet weird experience. Yes, weirddd. You don't want the mixture to spill onto your clothes because once dried, it'll harden like a super glue and you'll need hot water to remove it super leceh.  Here's the full recipe and instructions:

2tsp Gelatine
Hot water
250g Cream cheese (I used tatura)
50g Granulated sugar (I used icing sugar)
150g Whipped Cream
Half a pack of Marie biscuits 
100g Butter (melted)
Mangoes 
(I used two mangoes for topping and one for coulie) 

  1. Place a baking parchment into you cake tin. I cut a round one and place it at the botton, I didn't cover the wall because it can be detached.
  2. Crush your Marie biscuits and blend it with melted butter. Then press em nicely and evenly in your cake tin to make a base for the cheesecake. Once done, cool it in the fridge so it'll be firmer. 
  3. Carefully mix gelatine with about 1/4 cup of hot water. 
  4. Mix the gelatine mixture with soften cream cheese and beat em fluffy. Then add in granulated sugar. 
  5. Make sure that the sugar has completely dissolved before adding cream in.  Beat it for another 5 minutes. Then pour the batter onto the cake pan you chilled in the fridge. Now you may chill it in the fridge while preparing your mangoes.
  6. Peel off the skin of the mangoes and dice the fruits. Make sure to leave some for the coulie. Now that the surface of the cheesecake is a little firm, set your cubes of mangoes onto the cheesecake and this is your third layer of an amazing no bake cheesecake. Chill it then overnight or for at least 4 hours.
  7. Blend the rest of the mango (there was a mango left as I only used two for the third layer) with 1tbsp icing sugar and 1tbsp cold water or lemon juice. Blend it smooth. This is what we called as the coulie. Spread it evenly on top of the chilled mango cheesecake. 
  8. Cut yourself a slice and enjoy!

Pls be reminded that I love this recipe so much bcs it's not sweet and all the sweetness comes from the mangoes so if your mangoes are not sweet and you like it sweeter, you might wanna put 100g granulated or powdered sugar which is about 1/2 or 3/4 cup of sugar. I used only 1/4 cup of icing sugar.

I used Anchor Fresh Cream bcs it is less sweet. Yums. I used 2 mangoes for the fresh fruit topping. I might have slurped ten or more cubes of mangoes during the process.

It's the easiest cake I've ever made and I love it. If you don't like mangoes (but whyyy), you may also use peach (the ones in syrup but don't use the syrup) or durian. I had this cake after breakfast lunch tea and dinner bcs it was soooo gewd.



No comments:

Post a Comment