Tiramisu

So I really have been away huh sobs. For some unexpected reasons, I caught fever, a really bad one in my 23 years of living. I would like to share the details but they were really frustrating so I'll just give away the unforgettable ones. First, I did not consume proper meal for 10 days. Secondly, I went to the doctor 3 times in a week. Thirdly, I coughed and vomited water alternately for 3 hours straight and that exploded my throat which extended my incapability of eating anything from 5 days to 10 days. Well, I really know how to sick. I am still recovering, tastebuds are good but I really miss spicy food. I'm crying the whole time looking at those delicious hot food but I just can't swallow em. I have also grown phobia to eating a proper meal bcs I'm afraid I might hurt my uvula, tonsil or whatever that's inside my mouth. Did you know how did I take all my medicine? I ate quarter of a slice of bread with a dash of nutella. I survived 10 days without rice, chicken, beef or whatever. It was a real deal and I'm glad it's over.

Now, how did I survive the early phase of my university years? I sold tiramisu in boxes. It was wonderful because it was simply the best dessert that requires no oven, no fancy machine to whisk but just a normal electric whisk, some bowls, 4 simple ingredients and clean containers. Here's the ingredients:


Savioardi biscuits

250g cream cheese ( I used tatura)
1 cup sweetened whipped cream
1-2 tsp coffee grounds ( I used nescafe of course) + 1 cup warm water
Cocoa powder

  1. Whip a cup of whipped cream, if you use unsweetened, add in some sugar but not too sweet. Set aside.
  2. Cream soft cream cheese. Add in the whipped cream and continue beat until soft and smooth.
  3. Soak your biscuits in the coffee mixture but not too long, just until it has absorbed enough coffee flavour for every stick.
  4. Arrange the biscuits in a container. More biscuits per layer if you use a big container.
  5. And then spread the cream cheese on top of the biscuits. Dust some cocoa powder on top.
  6. You may repeat the process until all of your cream is used up. Simple!


Of course I tried to be creative and do it in a cake tin where I layered the walls first and then fill in the hollow with the simple steps stated. It was fun but I managed to make just a layer of tiramisu because I can. Lol. 



No comments:

Post a Comment