So, again, out of boredom, my sister and I baked a vanilla cake with strawberry compote to satisfy the crave of our itchy hands to bake. We wanted to bake so much bcs recently we were lectured by our father for baking too many cakes and it spiked up our electricity bill. Lol. Sorry, Abah. Our customers can pay the bill.
Initially, we wanted to make victoria sandwich cake but there was no strawberry left in the fridge so I tweaked the recipe a bit and made vanilla sponge cake instead. It tasted a lot similar to victoria anyway. Who cakes? Vanilla cake rocks!
Entertaining my little sister, we added a little bit colours to our cakes. I mixed two mixtures with ocean green and a mixture with sunset orange. They turned out wonderful! Of course we covered it in our favourite swiss meringue buttercream.
If I have one thing to hate about baking is my unsteady hands. I really have no skill in piping and coating cakes with cream perfectly. It always turns out horrible but I never learn! I just don't know how. Maybe I'll join a class soon so I better save my ka-ching starting now.
With these unsteady hands of ours, we managed to decorate a simple yet delicious cake. It may not be the best looking cake but I can guarantee that it is simply irresistible! Here, I would like to share the recipe of strawberry compote that I learned recently from a baking class.
Strawberry Compote
750 g strawberry
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 bottle strawberry jam
- Destalk your strawberries by removing the leaves and cut it into four or smaller sizes. The smaller the better. I also left some uncut.
- Mix sugar with the strawberries in a pot and then leave the fruits on medium heat for about 3 minutes. Gradually, stir the compote till all of the berries tender and the juices stream out, slowly thicken.
- Add in a bottle of strawberry jam ( I use Steffie's Choice) and vanilla essence once it has boiled. Turn off the heat when everything has combined well.
- Chill the compote in refrigerator and bottle the compote in a few small glass bottle. It can be stored up to a month!
- Perfect for victoria sandwich cake and your breakfast bread!






No comments:
Post a Comment