Asian Seabass Tiga Rasa

My family knows this. I can sit in front of my laptop for hours browsing and looking for the best recipes for any bake goods, local and western cuisines. Yes, I do this almost everyday until I am ready to try one of those delicious, eye-deceiving cookings. Aside from cooking, I would just browse for any yoga or dancing videos. Hewww.


Just as I felt like cooking Tiga Rasa, dad and little brothers came home with three Barramundi or commonly called as Asian Seabass home. Lol okay sorry, we locals called it Siakap lah dey. Well, just my luck! Immediately I called for my brother to help me clean the fishes while I was on my way preparing the ingredients. It's super easy and my mother loves this dish so much.





Ingredients:

3 seabass
1 tbsp tumeric powder
1 tbsp salt
Half a packet palm oil

A
10 shallots
5 garlics
1 thumb-sized ginger
5 bird-eye chilli 

B
1 torch ginger flower/ bunga kantan
2 kaffir lime leaves/ daun limau purut
2 lemongrass

C
3 tbsp dried chilli paste

D
4 tbsp chilli sauce
4 tbsp plum sauce
2 tbsp ketchup
2 tbsp brown sugar (i love brown sugar!)
2 tbsp lime juice/lemon juice
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce

E
1 tomato (diced)
1 baby pineapple (diced)
1 shallot (diced)
1 chilli (thinly sliced)

  1. Heat up half a packet of palm oil. Rub tumeric powder and salt all over the fishes. Deep fry the fishes till golden and crispy (suit your taste but I like mine a little dry).
  2. On medium heat, pour about 3 tbsp vegetable oil into your pan.
  3. Sautee ingredients A for a minute and then add in ingredients B. Stir slowly.
  4. Add ingredient C and continue stirring on high heat.
  5. Once dried, pour the mixture of ingredients D. You may add a tablespoon of hot water before adding in D if it's too dry.
  6. When the sauces have mixed well, add the diced shallot first and the rest of the E into the pan. Stir for a minute or two and serve the sauce on the fried Seabass.
  7. I like to sprinkle some coriander too on my dish!


TADAAA, You can omit the soy sauce if you don't like your sauce to be dark. What's wrong with a little tan anyway. Hahaha. Okay okay okay. Just kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment